A short historical outline of our restaurant
Our modern furnished restaurant is located in the “Klein-Mariazellerhof” - a beautiful and complex reorganized historical building. The building originally existed of two houses - mentioned for the first time in 1405 as well as around the center the 15. Century documentarily - and was united in 1482 to one building and given to the monastery Klein-Mariazell. Starting from that time the city residence of the abbott of the monastery Klein-Mariazelll was accommodated in this building. The building was extended continuously and formed a passage house with Johannesgasse No. 6.
After abolition of the monastery Klein-Mariazell in 1782 the building become administered by the monastery of Kremsmünster, before it was taken over in 1798 by the state for the religion fund. Between 1825 and 1872 the school of architecture of the academy of arts was situated in the 4th floor. The building partly converted around 1830 was until 1982 seat of the Court of Auditors. In the years 1999-2000 a restoration and adaptation took place and apartments and offices were built with underground parking and elevator.
The building is made of five floors with two inner courts and possesses a earlyclassical front of 1768. On the shallow "Mittelrisalit" you see a relief with the eye of God in the aureola. Particularly remarkable is the balcony niche with its sculptured double eagle over a shoulder sheet portal. In the years 1976/77 as well as at the beginning of the 1980er years the second-hand bookshop Löcker arranged by Hermann Czech & Wögenstein are integrated in the former baroque portals and windows. In the extensive chapel in the 1st upper floor Putten and abbott Insegnien are to be seen. The extensive two-floor cellar from the 17. /18. Century with its column halls integrated partial older built volumes.